Today we’d like to introduce you to Katelyn Fletcher and Kat Allen.
Hi Katelyn and Kat, we’d love for you to start by introducing yourself
We are KlearCut Media! A full service women owned digital agency headquartered in Dallas, Austin, and Oklahoma City!
We started KCM in college. Me and my best friend and cofounder Kat Allen got into film and content creation during our time at Southern Methodist University through our Greek organization. From there, we started supporting our Dallas clients with other marketing solutions including social media strategy, web design, consulting, and more! We would give them back completed content, and they would want further help on how to best utilize it. We were having a blast with it while still in school, and we became determined to work as hard as we could the 2nd half of college to make it a full time career post grad.
Now, we are a growing team in multiple cities. Our top offerings are video/photo content creation, social media strategy, marketing plans, and web design. We have clients all over the country, and enjoy being able to travel to assist them throughout the year!
Can you talk to us a bit about the challenges and lessons you’ve learned along the way. Looking back would you say it’s been easy or smooth in retrospect?
1. The hardest part for us has been scaling the business. We were overworking ourselves so much… taking on as much as we could without hiring more people because we were scared to let go of responsibility at first. BUT – You have to take risks and just take the leap! For example, one of our current account directors right now Ryan Lewis, has been the biggest blessing for our business! She has taken on such a large work load so Kat and I can do more high level work to grow the company further. Without Ryan, we wouldn’t have had the privilege to take on such big clients/projects recently.
2. Don’t try to be an expert at absolutely everything – it won’t work. We thought we could personally become masters in ALL marketing areas. There isn’t time for this, and why not use someone who’s better than you if it can better your business? When we realized the magic of outsourcing – it really helped. We became as much of an expert as we could in all areas so we could understand good work when we see it. After that, we were able to outsource different areas to trusted partners to help complete big projects. This just helped grow our team and become more well known in all 3 cities – a win win.
Great, so let’s talk business. Can you tell our readers more about what you do and what you think sets you apart from others?
We really enjoy fast paced content, and I mean fast paced in how it looks, feels, and is delivered to the target customer. We built Klearcut on fast paced videos. This originally included fun restaurant, fitness, and influencer promos, so it ended up being how we built the business.
We are best known for “quickness” in all areas of our work though… cause we work quickly and effectively. Example: Need a marketing plan? Great. We aren’t going to spend months on it so when delivered to you it’s already practically irrelevant in the trending market. Need a promo video in a week? Let’s go.
In today’s oversaturated social media world, things become dated so quickly. No one has time to be spending months on content/advertising plans. Trends can last just a few days now (especially with Tik Tok), so you need to be able to work quick, and that’s what we do. This is also what our team is most proud of.
Let’s talk about our city – what do you love? What do you not love?
We have loved expanding to Austin! The city is unlike any other.
There is so much to do year round, and everyone genuinely just wants to enjoy the city and the people around them. There is always something new and fun happening. You can’t be bored!
I think there are areas where Austin businesses can go further with their socials and digital presence. For example, when we moved we went to tons of super cute popular restaurants in the city, and a lot of them don’t have a strong social media. But, that’s why we are here I guess 😉
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: klearcutmedia.com
- Instagram: @klearcut.media
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/klearcutmedia