Today we’d like to introduce you to Candace Perez.
Hi Candace, thanks for joining us today. We’d love for you to start by introducing yourself.
I’m Candace Perez, certified event planner and picnic stylist! I plan, coordinate, and style events in Austin and the surrounding area. I own Parties by Perez and The Posh Picnic.
The Posh Picnic was born out of the pandemic! Prior to Covid, my event company Parties by Perez coordinated numerous social events, weddings, and corporate events. When the pandemic hit, all of my events came to a screeching halt. I felt the need to come up with a solution for cabin fever but still in a safe, socially distant, and memorable way. In May of 2020, I created The Posh Picnic, becoming Austin’s first upscale picnic service!
The Posh Picnic is a luxury picnic experience perfect for couples that are desperate for a date night, besties that are missing their brunch fix, romantic proposals, and more. Our picnic setups are bold, exciting, and totally Instagram worthy! Each of our picnics are two hours long and include a low table, rugs and pillows for lounge seating, full table setting, silk florals, and candles. The only thing our clients need to do is show up!
Our picnics have quickly become the trend for team luncheons, birthdays, anniversaries, proposals, bachelorette parties, brunch, and more!
Alright, so let’s dig a little deeper into the story – has it been an easy path overall and if not, what were the challenges you’ve had to overcome?
My biggest challenge to date has been going up against the unpredictable weather! From wind blowing my dinner napkins and florals away, to unexpected rain and even SNOW in the forecast. I always try to stay a season ahead, so last summer I purchased an 11ft igloo to host winter picnics! It was the perfect solution for those cold and crisp days. For summer I have partnered with a pool rental company to host picnics by the pool! I have also partnered with a few venues to have as an indoor backup plan.
Thanks for sharing that. So, maybe next you can tell us a bit more about your work?
This is more than a hobby, it’s my passion. Setting up gorgeous picnics for my clients has been truly rewarding! My heart explodes with excitement when I see my clients face light up when they walk up to their picnic!
The joy I receive from being a part of my client’s special moments and brightening their day drives me to always do my best work. Each picnic is special, and I remember every detail!
The difference is in the quality and care. I strive for my clients to feel like luxury. We love creating unforgettable moments and make it a goal to design a stunning picnic and event that is a true reflection of our clients!
What does success mean to you?
True success to me is finding my passion and sharing my happiness with the people I love. The key to that is believing in myself, setting goals, being persistent, and staying positive and grateful along the way!
- $175 The Posh Standard. We bring the picnic, you bring the snacks! The Posh Standard is a picnic for 2-30 guests that includes teakwood tales, rugs, pillows/poufs, tablecloth, centerpiece, candles, chargers, plates, goblets, dinner napkins, and silverware.
- $240 Posh & Poetic. Our signature package complete with a styled picnic, charcuterie board, wine, and Brazilian truffles! Book for 2-30 guests
- $285 Brunch & Bubbly. A styled picnic with a deluxe charcuterie board and mimosas!
- $520 Posh Party for 10! Three teakwood tables, pillows, rugs, table decor, a place setting for each guest, a large charcuterie board, and wine or Italian soda.
- $625 Texas Sized Party for 20! A styled picnic for 20 guests. Add food, additional guests, balloons, and more to jazz up your picnic. Visit our website to customize and book.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://theposhpicnicatx.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/the.poshpicnic/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Theposhpicnic.atx
- Yelp: https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-posh-picnic-austin
Cristina Nunez Photography